For toy care and cleaning choose your material:
Forbidden Fruit’s Handy Dandy Sex Tips and Tricks:
The pleasures of anal play are for EVERYONE! Some women enjoy anal penetration with a toy during intercourse as it increases their sense of vaginal fullness, as these 2 canals mirror each other for several inches in most people. Men (yes, the st8 ones too) enjoy the added bonus of prostate gland stimulation which can help in achieving erection for some men or result in a more intense orgasm for others. At Forbidden Fruit, we encourage you to always remember these safe and sane rules of anal play:
- Never share anal toys or use on other areas- anal toys are for anuses- no ifs and or BUTTS about it!
- Only use toys designed for anal play as they have safety features (like flanged bases) non anal toys do not!
- You can always cover your toys with a condom for even safer play and easier clean up!
- Be mindful of using desensitizing agents! It is better to stay aware of what is happening to avoid overly rough play that could cause tears, lesions and future hemorrhoids!
Cock Rings, Erection Rings or C-rings
What are they? How do they work? How long can you wear one? Is there one that rules them all?
Cock rings apply pressure to either the penis or the genitals, partially restricting blood-low in the process. They can help achieve an erection or maintain one even after ejaculation by not allowing a backflow of blood from the penis. There are two main types of cock ring:
- Type 1 – sits at base of penile shaft. This can be a stretchy, flexible ring that you slip down to the base of the penis, usually after you achieve an erection. It will help maintain the erection, but it will not keep you rock hard, so do not count on that. At best the ring will keep you semi-erect, and in some cases, this can be rigid enough for intercourse. Type 1 rings are usually made of a rubber or silicone compound. They are inexpensive, and well worth a try if you are having early erectile difficulties.
- Type 2 – Encircles entire genital area, going around scrotum. This type of cock ring is more like a “genital” ring. It encircles the base of the penis and top of the scrotum, providing a gentle squeeze to the entire area. Many men find this pressure pleasurable and it is the more popular of the two types. It also restricts blood-flow to the entire area vs. just the penile shaft, like the type 1 ring. This version can be made of a stretchy material, such as silicone, but can be often found in leather with snaps for adjusting the size. Leather with a Velcro fastener can be the easiest to apply and quickly removed if the area becomes irritated.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER- Leaving a cock ring on longer than 20-30 minutes is NOT recommended as they can/do restrict blood-flow, and leaving them on
too long can possible do damage. If they are too tight or if there is ANY discomfort remove immediately!
Here at Forbidden Fruit, we believe using lubricant is essential to sexual pleasure and toy use! Oils found in the house, even if edible/body safe, should never be used in place of lubricant!
Why We Love Lube:
- Diminishes bad or negative friction.
- Increases positive friction!
- Extends the period of intimacy
- Allows some women to produce more of their own natural lubricating agents.
There are four basic types of lubricant: Water based, silicone based, oil based and hybrids. Try all types of lubes and listen to your body! It will let you know which is best for you!
Silicone lubricants are extremely slick and silky and therefore a little dab will go a long way! Silicone is thicker than water and thus tends to last longer topically as the body does not absorb it as easily, but tends to clough it off over time. Because silicone does NOT contain any water,and in fact can repel it, it basically never dries out, making it excellent for anal play and shower fun! But, we recommend only using the highest quality silicone lubricants with equally high quality silicone toys. Silicone is attracted to itself on a molecular level, so if you put silicone lube on a silicone toy, the lube could begin to break down the solidity of the toy. The lube and toy will fuse together altering the topical texture and appearance of the toy over time! And no one wants that! The only time you can put a silicone lubricant onto a silicone toy is if both the toy and the lube are 100% medical grade silicone. If you are unsure try a spot test! FORBIDDEN FRUIT loves silicone lube for many reasons including:
- It will NEVER be sticky or tacky
- Never has a smell or taste
- Excellent as a skin/tattoo conditioner
- Excellent to use in place of a shaving cream or gel (silicone conditions the skin as well as keeps the blade to a razor sharper for a longer amount of time)
- Picks up body heat
- Condom and toy safe and compatible
Water based lubricant is the GO TO lubricant for everything! The majority of lubricants out on the market are water based, which generally contain purified water, glycerin, preservatives and sometimes artificial flavoring. A glycerin and paraben free water based lube is generally preferred amongst our customers. Glycerin contains some low level natural sugars and may feed yeast causing irritation in SOME. Parabens are a wax-like preservative that may also cause irritation, but not for everyone. The selection of water based lubricants found at FORBIDDEN FRUIT will never be sticky, gummy, tacky or stringy. Water based lubricant is easily absorbed into the skin therefore you may have to re-apply. Properties include:
- Condom safe
- Safe for use with ALL toy materials and
- Will NEVER stain sheets
- Can be flavored for oral play
- Can have additional sensitizing agents added such as heat/cool etc…
Hybrid lubricants are the best of both worlds, they are a mix of silicone and water based ingredients. This makes for the perfect lubricant,as you get the long lasting slickness of silicone and you can use it on a silicone toy! There is not enough silicone in a hybrid to damage a silicone toy. Properties include:
- Silky and slick
- Long lasting
- Condom safe
- Safe for use with ALL toy materials and types
- Great for anal play
- Never sticky or tacky
Oil based lubricants will not be found at FORBIDDEN FRUIT. Oil based lubricants weaken latex and may cause condom breakage. Oil can change the pH balance of the vagina causing irritation and possibly create a climate for bacteria growth, which in turn may cause infection. Oil based lubes can be used for male masturbation and anal play but that is all! Massage oil is completely different and can be found in our store, but it is highly recommended to be used TOPICALLY only for massage!